In 1998, by the order of the rector of the university No. 1-03, a department “Ecology” was created. From the same time training of specialists in the direction of 0708 “Ecology” is started.
The department is based on three departments:
- Heat supply, ventilation and air protection;
- Water supply, drainage and rational use of water resources;
The first set of students in the direction of 0708 “Ecology” on the specialty “Ecology and Environmental Protection” was carried out in September 1994 in the number of 40 people. The first graduates of students-ecologists is took place in 1999.
In 2014, the Department of Ecology was reorganized into the Department of Applied Ecology and Nature Management.
In different years, the heads of the department were:
- February 1998 – November 1999 – Ph.D., associate professor Golik Yu.;
- November 1999 – May 2001 – D.Sc. in engineering, prof. Bondar V.;
- June 2001 – February 2006 – D.Sc., professor, academician of UAAS Kovalenko V.;
- February 2006 – November 2007 – Senior Lecturer temporarily assuming the responsibilities of head of department – Roma V.;
- November 2007 – January 2012 – Ph.D., Associate professor Proskurnya M.;
- January 2012 – August 2012 – Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, professor Pysarenko M.;
- September 2012 – September 2015 – Ph.D., associate professor Golik Yu.;
- Since September, 2015 the department is headed by Doctor of Technical Sciences, professor Novokhatny V.
- Since October, 2018 the department is headed by Candidate of Technical Sciences, docent Ilyasha O.